Friday, November 30, 2012

EDGEMONT COMMUNITY COUNCIL FACEBOOK POST CONTAIN WRONG INFO ABOUT WESTHELP

Robert Bernstein, former head of the ECC, likes to post inaccurate info on the ECC facebook page. Much of the time I ignore the half truths, misrepresentations. Tonights post was so off and wrong, I thought I'd correct it on my blog. Sent this to the head of the ECC.

A short note advising the ECC that your post tonight re: WESTHELP (on the your facebook page) is very inaccurate.



The town intends to lease out the WESTHELP property. We have been showing the property to a number of developers and believe that some of the bids will be acceptable to all parties. It also looks like the town will be able to generate more revenue from WESTHELP than I projected in my proposed 2013 budget! We will finalize our decision (re: who we will rent out the property to) no later than Dec 20th ( probably sooner). We hope to have a lease in place in January.

I had hoped that the County Legislators representing Greenburgh would attend our meeting on Tuesday (or whenever they can meet with us). The goal: to work together. To rent out the property quickly. To compare the tax implications of each proposal received so that we can keep your taxes as low as possible.



I request that you post my comments on your facebook page.

PAUL FEINER

0 comments: