Sunday, April 11, 2010

HELP EDGEMONT SCHOOL CROSSING GUARDS DAUGHTER GET KIDNEY TRANSPLANT

EDGEMONT SCHOOL CROSSING GUARDS DAUGHTER NEEDS KIDNEY TRANSPLANT…LET’S HELP HEATHER HAVE A HEALTHY AND HAPPY LIFE!

One of the reasons why Greenburgh is such a nice place to live is because residents of our community care about helping their neighbors. I thought that the following e mail from an Edgemont School crossing guard was very touching. I am sure that many members of our community would like to help out.

Please spread the word so that Heather can lead a healthy & happy life.

PAUL FEINER



Dear Mr. Feiner,



My name is Nicholas Tufo. I am employed by the Town of Greenburgh since October 2009 as a school crossing guard for the Edgemont Schools. In particular for the Seely Place School Post #62 at Old Army Road & Henry St.



The reason I am writing is because my 25 year old daughter Heather is currently on dialysis three days a week and is on the National Donor List from Westchester Medical Center and is awaiting a kidney transplant.







My family and I would appreciate it very much if you would spread the word about Heather because we feel the more people that know the better chance she has of getting a kidney sooner rather than later in the hopes that someone will come forward as a potential donor.



We are not asking for any money. Heather's health insurance covers all her medical costs as well as all medical costs for potential donors.



My daughter has set-up a website: http://kidney4heather.webs.com/home.html



Thank you in advance for any assistance.





Sincerely,





Nicholas Tufo



Hello,

0 comments: