Wednesday, September 29, 2010

GOOD NEWS FOR DAUGHTER OF EDGEMONT SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD

Great news. In April I shared the following e mail with you about the daughter of an Edgemont school crossing guard who needed a kidney transplant. The transplant surgery was done today. Heather has a new kidney! I'm thrilled. Spoke to her father. The donation was from one of her family members.

EDGEMONT SCHOOL CROSSING GUARDS DAUGHTER NEEDS KIDNEY TRANSPLANT--LET'S HELP HER!
Release Date: April 11, 2010

EDGEMONT SCHOOL CROSSING GUARDS DAUGHTER NEEDS KIDNEY TRANSPLANT…LET’S HELP HEATHER HAVE A HEALTHY AND HAPPY LIFE!
One of the reaso...ns why Greenburgh is such a nice place to live is because residents of our community care about helping their neighbors. I thought that the following e mail from an Edgemont School crossing guard was very touching. I am sure that many members of our community would like to help out.
Please spread the word so that Heather can lead a healthy & happy life.
PAUL FEINER

Dear Mr. Feiner,

My name is Nicholas Tufo. I am employed by the Town of Greenburgh since October 2009 as a school crossing guard for the Edgemont Schools. In particular for the Seely Place School Post #62 at Old Army Road & Henry St.

The reason I am writing is because my 25 year old daughter Heather is currently on dialysis three days a week and is on the National Donor List from Westchester Medical Center and is awaiting a kidney transplant.See More

0 comments: