Wednesday, July 21, 2010

job fair september 15th..2 good news stories about people who found work

Do You Have Vacancies to Fill in Your Company?

We are excited to tell you about an opportunity for you to meet talented, skilled people eager to fill those positions. The WJCS Women-Helping-Women Progam, Greenburgh Town Supervisor Paul Feiner and the Greenburgh Public Library, are collaborating on a Job Fair to be held:

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 from 10:30am-2:30pm
At
The Greenburgh Public Library
300 Tarrytown Road
Elmsford, NY l0523

As co-sponsors of the Job Fair, we are committed to helping our residents who are unemployed or whose careers are in transition, meet potential employers right here in Westchester.

Participation will give your company the opportunity to meet qualified candidates to fill your positions and help your firm grow, while playing an important role in the economic expansion of the county.

Because we are all dedicated to helping our citizens become gainfully employed and stimulate growth in our local economic environment, there is no fee to participate. I look forward to hearing from you about your interest in the Job Fair. I can be reached at (914) 761-0600 ext. 308 or lrosenbaum@wjcs.com.

Sincerely,


Lenore Rosenbaum, MS
Coordinator, WJCS Women-Helping-Women

DON’T GET DISCOURAGED IF YOU ARE OUT OF WORK! If you have been out of work for a while, don’t get discouraged. All you need is ONE job offer. A hundred rejections or a thousand rejections followed by one job offer means that you succeeded. The more resumes you send out…the better the odds are of getting a great job. I received the following e mails from people on my job e mail list this morning
Almost two years ago I started an informal jobs club. I invite people to advise me of job openings. I post the job openings on www.linkedin.com (greenburgh jobs group) and on my facebook page. And---also send people who want to be on a list e mails at least a few times a week with job openings. If you are not on the list and want to be advised of job opportunities please e mail me at pfeiner@greenburghny.com.
PAUL FEINER
From: Karen Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:46 AM
To: Paul Feiner
Subject: Re: a success story
Hello Mr. Feiner,

I finally received my first job offer - after 1 1/2 years of unemployment since 12/08 - and accepted! I just started this past Monday. I am at a law firm in Manhattan. So far so good! I am back in NYC where I should be. Thanks for all of your help!
Karen

From: maur Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 7:06 AM
To: Paul Feiner
Subject: jobs
Good morning Mr. Feiner,

After 10 long months, I found a job! ..so fingers crossed that all will go well. You can remove me from your email alerts.

Thank you again for everything!

Maureen

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.