Saturday, May 07, 2011

electric bicycle in hastings

ELECTRIC BICYCLE
A few years ago I bicycled from Hastings to Washington DC for a cause (I was raising funds for a woman who fell off her bicycle and became severely disabled. We also lobbied members of Congress to support stem cell research funding). I thought about that bike ride on Saturday when I tried my first electric bicycle.

Hastings VELO, the new Hastings on Hudson bike shop located at 45 Main Street, Hastings, is offering residents an opportunity to test their electric bicycle at no cost or no obligation. I recommend it highly. The electric bicycle is easy to ride down hill. Bicycling up hill feels different - don't have to pedal much and the bicycle goes fast, with little effort. The electric bicycle is fun to ride and great for cyclists who hate uphills and for those who can't keep up with better experienced riders.

0 comments: